WELCOME TO THE LYMPHOEDEMA ASSOCIATION OF QUEENSLAND
Who we are ....................
The Lymphoedema Association of Queensland Inc. was founded
in 1989 by people with the condition, health professionals and concerned others. It
supports the establishment of local branches and support groups throughout the State.
The Association is a self help organisation and offers support,
information and education to anyone affected by lymphoedema.
It is a registered charity, and funds are raised by membership fees, fundraising events,
philanthropic trusts and donations which are tax deductible.
* To provide support to others with lymphoedema.
* To provide information and education about lymphoedema, treatment programs and self help
for patients and others.
* To increase public and health professional awareness of the condition of lymphoedema.
* To work towards the availability of better resources for the treatment of lymphoedema in
* To liase with health professionals interested in lymphoedema and the needs of people
* To liase closely with interstate lymphoedema organisations and participate in national
What we offer members
* Information on lymphoedema, its treatment,
resources and facilities.
* Telephone contact and support services.
* Regular meetings with speakers on relevant topics and opportunities for informal
information and experience.
* Member discounts.
* Quarterly newsletter "Node News".
* Opportunities to participate in the management of the Association.
* Active support groups - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Bundaberg, Mackay, Sunshine
LYMPHOEDEMA IS TREATABLE!!